Skip to Content

Minors and incompetents – Wis. Admin. Code DHS §92-06

Link to the law
This will open in a new window

Information may be released from a minor’s drug and alcohol treatment records only with the consent of the minor and the minor’s parent or guardian.  Outpatient service information may only be provided with the consent of the minor if he/she is 12 years old or older.  However, if a minor can get alcohol or drug treatment without parental authorization, only the minor’s consent is required for disclosure of treatment records. 

A developmentally disabled minor who is 14 years old or older may file a written objection to access to treatment records by his parents or guardians.

Current as of June 2015