Skip to Content

Parenteral sedation, Ariz. Admin. Code § 4-11-1302

Link to the law
This will open in a new window

“Parenteral Sedation”
Arizona requires dentists to obtain a permit in order to administer parenteral sedation. Dentists may obtain this permit by submitting an application to the state board of dental examiners that includes information about the applicant’s hospital affiliations, dental licensure history, and the facility in which the applicant plans to administer general anesthesia or deep sedation. The board will conduct an on-site evaluation prior to issuing permit. Dentists granted the permit must maintain records for all performed parental sedations. Such records must include information regarding the medication(s) used, patient consent, and time of discharge.
A dentist that has a permit to administer general anesthesia or deep sedation may administer parental sedation without obtaining an additional permit.