Skip to Content

Oral sedation, Ariz. Admin. Code § 4-11-1303

Link to the law
This will open in a new window

“Oral Sedation”
Arizona requires dentists to obtain a permit in order to administer oral sedation. Dentists may obtain this permit by submitting an application to the state board of dental examiners that includes information about the applicant’s hospital affiliations, dental licensure history, and the facility in which the applicant plans to administer oral sedation. The board will conduct an on-site evaluation prior to issuing permit. Dentists granted the permit must maintain records for all performed oral sedations. Such records must include information regarding the medication(s) used, patient consent, and time of discharge.
Dentists that have a permit to administer parenteral sedation, general anesthesia, or deep sedation can administer oral sedation without obtaining an additional permit.